Your Options Regarding Information About You, and How To Exercise Your Options
Under California law, you have specific rights regarding your personal information. We want to respect your wishes, and we have established processes by which you can exercise your options regarding your personal information. To exercise your options as described in this Privacy Statement, you may contact us in one of four ways:
· by telephone at +1-877-709-1800;
· by completing the web form at https://www.VFC.com/US-Privacy-Requests;
· by mail at: VF Corporation, Attn: VF North America Privacy Program Office, 105 Corporate Center Blvd., Greensboro, North Carolina, USA 27408; or
· in person at one of our retail stores in California.
Collectively, these are referred to as the “Communication Methods”. To effectively exercise your privacy options, you must use one of these Communication Methods.
The list below describes the types of requests you may make to us regarding information we have collected from you:
· Request to Know: You may ask us to furnish you with (i) the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which we collect information about you; (iii) the business or commercial purposes for collecting information about you; and (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information about you (or have shared in the prior 12 months).
· Request to Delete: You may ask us to delete any personal information that we have collected from you and to direct our service providers to delete your personal information from their records. After verifying your request, we will comply as further described below, unless we determine that there is a lawful basis for retaining the information, including because the information is necessary to: (i) complete a transaction or perform a contract between us; (ii) ensure security; (iii) debug or repair errors; (iv) exercise a legal right; (v) comply with another law or a legal obligation; (vi) conduct research; (vii) enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with our consumer’s reasonable expectations; (viii) otherwise use the information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
· Opt-Out of Sale: You may request that we not sell your personal information, if you wish, and we will honor your request. You may make such a request by following this link: Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We will make commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate your request within 45 days; however, we may notify you during the initial 45-day period that we will extend the timeframe by up to 45 additional days, if an extension is reasonably necessary in order to fulfill your request. We will fulfill the same Request to Know from you up to two times in any twelve-month period, but we are not able to fulfill redundant Requests to Know more frequently than that. We will not discriminate against you because you have made a request described in this Privacy Statement or otherwise exercised your rights under applicable law. We may offer financial incentives or offer you a different price, level, or quality of goods or services in connection with programs that require you to disclose certain personal information, but only if you opt in to such an incentive program. If you opt in to any such incentive program, you make revoke your consent to share your personal information at any time, as described in the terms and conditions of those programs.
In addition, California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using one of the Communication Methods described in this Privacy Statement, describing your request specifically.
How Will You Verify My Identity?
For your privacy and security, and to prevent fraud and other harmful activities, when we receive a request through one of the Communication Methods, we need to ensure that the person submitting the request is the person they purport to be. Accordingly, we may take reasonable measures to verify the identity of the person submitting the request. . Initially, we ask you to provide personal information when you submit a request, whether through our web form, toll-free telephone number, mail, or other approved Communication Method. This information will include your first name, middle name, last name, email address, shipping address and telephone number. Providing accurate information that matches our records is necessary so that we can locate the correct information within our systems and service providers, verify the validity of the request, and protect your data. To verify your request, may ask you to submit evidence proving your identity. You may submit this information simultaneously with your request (by mail or by using our interactive web form) or after your request. The evidence we may request from you, and the degree of certainty we will be required to reach regarding your identity and the authenticity of your request, will depend upon the nature of your request, the nature of the information we have about you, and your ability to furnish information. For requests of specific pieces of personal information about a consumer, we will verify your identity to a reasonably high degree of certainty; whereas for requests to know the categories of personal information collected and used about a consumer, we will verify identity to a reasonable degree of certainty. We may give you options, such as (i) submitting a signed statement and a redacted copy of identifying information (such as a government-issued ID), or (ii) showing your identifying information to our associate at one of our California retail locations.
If we ask you to verify your identity, you must promptly cooperate with our efforts so that we can fulfill your request. If you do not comply, your request cannot be fulfilled; and if you delay in complying, the fulfillment of your request is likely to be delayed, and may be denied, as a result.
What About Requests from Authorized Agents?
If you submit a consumer privacy request on behalf of another person, you will be required to demonstrate your legal authority to act on behalf of that person, and we may contact you for verification purposes. For the protection of our customers, you must furnish all information requested and must demonstrate your authority to our satisfaction before we can fulfill your request.